Collab Live lets you produce music in multiplayer mode with anyone on the same project. Every move you make is 100% synced in real-time. Read on to find out how to get started.
Creating a Collaboration Project
- Enter the studio.
- Click a folder icon on the right hand side and choose “New collaboration project”.
3. A project settings will appearin on the screen where you can upload an image as well as setting a project name, description, genre.
Note that a regular project cannot be converted to a collaboration project at this time.
- Click “Collaborate” on the top right corner to invite anyone to your project.
- Enter your collaborator’s email address or Soundation username. Click “Send”. Your collaborator will receive an invitation by email.
3. You can also copy and share a link to your collaboration project.
Importing and Recording Audio
- To import audio into the collaboration project, right-click anywhere in the arrangement to open a menu.
- Click “Import audio” and choose a file you want to import.
- The audio will be shared with your collaborators in an instant.
- Sounds shared in the collaboration project will appear under Imported Sounds tab in the sound library. They can be accessed by anyone in the project.
Note that only Intro and Premium users can import or record audio.
Every collaboration project is automatically set as private. Only users invited by the project owner will have permission to collaborate. However, other users can still send a collaboration request to the project’s owner by clicking on the project link. The project owner will receive a collaboration request by email where they can turn down or accept the request.
- “Enable collaborators to publish and download track” lets anyone in the project exports the track as mp3 or wav file and publish the track on their Soundation profile.
- “Post project to the community to find collaborators” automatically shares your project on “Collab Live” channel on Soundation’s official Discord server.
- “Auto accept all requests” allows anyone that click on a project link to join the project without the project owner getting collaboration requests by email.
The maximum number of collaboration projects you can be part of depends on your subscription.
- Free: 1 project
- Intro and Power: 3 projects
- Premium: 10 projects
To get more collaboration projects, upgrade to Premium here.
Share your creations and find help. Explore the community.
Got questions? Contact us at email@example.com. We’re always here to help. ⚡️